- Sprint Electronic Recycling and Food Recovery Programs to be Honored by EPA Region 7 as Nation Observes Earth Day, April 22
- South Greene High School and DeBusk Elementary School in Greeneville, Tenn. Named Top Finishers in Energy Star National Building Competition
- University of Florida's Physical Plant Division Central Stores in Gainesville, Fla. Named a Top Finisher in Energy Star National Building Competition
- UNC-Chapel Hill Bioinformatics Building in Chapel Hill, N.C. Named a Top Finisher in Energy Star National Building Competition
- West Middle School in Shelbyville, KY Named a Top Finisher in Energy Star National Building Competition
Each time you turn off an unneeded light or take alternative transportation, you are saving energy. And by saving energy, you are conserving resources and slowing climate change.
Here are some ideas and resources to help you increase your savings.
- Install compact flourescent lightbulbs.
- Look for Energy Star appliances.
- Turn down your water heater a few degrees.
- Read about one family's quest to cut their carbon emissions to 80% less than the U.S. average.
- Hang your towels and sheets out to dry.
- Go on an Energy Quest using this interactive website.
- Run the dishwasher only when it is full.
- Explore the U.S. Department of Energy's Energy Savers resources.
- Ride your bike to school or work.
- Check out PNM's 99 Energywise Ideas.
Do you have other great energy saving tips and resources? Email us at email@example.com!